Connect with us

National

Manhunt ops for convicts freed under GCTA law to start Friday

Published

on

The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) is set to launch its man-hunt operations starting Friday next week against heinous crime convicts freed under the good time conduct allowance (GCTA) law but are yet to surrender.

This comes at the end of President Rodrigo Duterte’s 15-day ultimatum for convicts who will be treated as fugitives after the order lapses on September 19.

NCRPO chief Guillermo Eleazar said the PNP is hoping to receive a copy of the Bureau of Corrections’ (BuCor) official list on Thursday for verification.

“We are hoping that by the end of (September) 19, maka-receive na kami ng official list. ‘Yung galing mismo sa BuCor, so we can cross match this with the list that we have whether unofficial ‘yon but sa tingin natin ay ‘yon na rin ang basis natin,” Eleazar said.

The latest data from the Department of Justice (DOJ) showed a total of 505 convicts have yielded and are already in the BuCor’s custody.

Earlier, the BuCor revealed that 1,914 inmates had been granted early release since 2014 from the 22,049 prisoners covered by the GCTA law.

Article: NEWS5

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *